We are experts in IVD, Biotech, Medical Devices and Consumer Health / Nutraceuticals
We connect companies around the world, providing full services on Business Development, International Fundraising, Licensing and M&A
View latest from blog
Because we are specialized in connecting business. We encourage new alliances, new relationships. All with the same objective: to open new markets, and to make your international business grow.
Time to connections. Connect now
We offer customized solutions in the following markets: “In Vitro diagnostics” (IVD), Pharma/Biotech: (Companion Diagnostics, Biologics, Vaccines and Drug Deliver) Consumer Health: (Botanical extracts, New raw materials, Nutritional Supplements and Food ingredients), and Medical Devices
- CEO, COO
- Commercial Director
- Business Development
- Sales & Marketing
- Investors relation
- Scouting and selection of distribution partners in the EU and LATAM
- Market research
- Deal negotiation
- Closure of distribution agreement
- Scouting of potential technologies and finished products
- IP valuation and FTO analysis (Freedom to Operate)
- Pricing to optimize the mix of upfront and royalty payments
- Development of dossier and information package
- Negotiation of terms and conditions
- We are connected to the Major Life Science and Healthcare Venture capital firms in Europe
- Fund of funds
- Divestment of portfolio companies in Venture Capital funds
- VC and Industrial Corporate financing for start-ups, from seed to Growth stage
- We help to write a professional Business Plan, contact VCs, and assist negotiations of term sheet and close agreements
M & A Support
- Search and selection of potential M&A candidates
- Contact and in-person meetings with selected candidates to evaluate M&A interest
- Technical due diligence
- IP valuation and FTO analysis
- Final deal negotiation
- Business plan for start-ups in IVD, Pharma, Biotech, medical device, and nutraceuticals
- Commercial plan with market segmentation, product positioning, customer definition, SWOT analysis
- Interventional studies in humans for nutraceuticals
Relationships only harm the one who has none
Meet the team
Experts. Executives. Facilitators. And with the best global contacts. Your team.
Karim Balan, Ph.D.
Managing Partner and Co-Founder
Prior to joining Connectem, he spent more than 25 years in the biotechnological, pharmaceutical and medical device industry, covering various international positions in European and American companies. Dr. Balan has also a sound track record in founding start- up companies, rising venture capital and completing licensing and M&A deals worlwide. He holds a Master degree in Chemistry from the University of Heidelberg (Germany) and a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the Max- Planck- Institute of Biochemistry, in Munich.
Enrique Sánchez, MBA
Managing Partner and Co-Founder<br />
He has held several top management positions in Marketing and Sales in European and American companies during more than 25 years. He has succesfullly managed international business in the IVD and Biotech markets through independent distributors network, and also executed Due Diligence and M&A worlwide. Mr. Sanchez holds a BS in Biology from the University of Barcelona and completed postgraduate studies in Executive Management and International Business in IESE Business School.
We have supported different companies worldwide to improve and grow their business. Below you can find some examples:
Latest from blog
News to share. Posts to know what is happening in Healthcare Business. Right now.
Connectem’s latest news and posts.
In Vitro Diagnostics releases.
Companies and Alliances
New products. New technologies.
Partnerships and Business.
Research. Licensing opportunities